Environmental Science Institute's GK-12 Program for Fall 2014
ESI's GK-12 program pairs graduate student scientists (Fellows) with STEM educators to enrich learning by K-12 students, create innovative professional development opportunities for K-12 teachers, improve communication and teaching skills for graduate researchers, and strengthen partnerships between Austin area K-12 schools and the University of Texas.
Participating teachers will receive:
- 30+ hours of professional development credit
- Hands-on research experiences with Fellows
- Opportunity to participate in graduate seminar course (Pedagogy and Human Learning)
- Exciting training workshops that include field excursions (i.e. Brackenridge Field Laboratory, cave trips, etc.)
- Wealth of free educational material (~1 lesson plan per week developed by Fellows)
For additional information about the GK-12 program, including frequently asked questions and application instructions, please visit our website at http://www.esi.utexas.edu/k-12-a-the-community/gk-12-program.
Interested teachers are also welcome to email ESI's GK-12 Program Coordinator (Karen Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
Applications are due Friday, April 25, 2014.