Discussion Points (from our faculty advisor)
1. Promises of unlimited wealth, unbridled by law or civilized sense, historically lead to war and suffering. Is greed the prime motivator of support for space exploration? Should NASA re-examine why they manage to light up kidsí eyes, worldwide?
2. Move towards commercialization should not destroy long-term vision.
- Most commercial entities must invest with a 3-5 year profit horizon.
- Long-term breakthroughs require long-term vision and follow-through.
- Present plans are focused on earth-based markets.
- Launch cost trauma prevents planning for large facilities.
Courtesy: Space Science Institute