Explore Careers @ NASA
NASA SEES TEX2 Teacher Externship Program
Students interested in working for NASA have many exciting choices.
Do you know what they are?
Join us at the STEM Enhancement in Earth Science (SEES) Summer Intern Program at The University of Texas at Austin Center for Space Research! You will collaborate with NASA scientists and students selected from across the nation as they conduct authentic research using earth observing satellite data. What does it take to build a Mars habitat? How would you start a lunar mining company on the Moon? What steps do you need to take to analyze ice melt in Greenland? Start now to help guide your students to be a part of NASA’s future. Any secondary teacher from Texas is eligible to apply.
Choose a week:
- July 15 - 20
- July 22 - 27
Teachers will receive:
- Housing in the dormitory on The University of Texas at Austin campus
- All meals during the Externship
- $1,000 stipend
Upon completion of the Externship, teachers will:
- Conduct a presentation to a minimum of 5 other teachers at your local campus, district, region, state or national meeting or conference
- Connect your Externship experience to your classroom through virtual or in-person mentorships, guest lecturers, events, site visits, and student internship opportunities
- Actively participate in a Professional Learning Community of teacher externs
- Create resources with your cohort on NASA career exploration and opportunities
TO APPLY: https://goo.gl/yhXpT3
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1, 2018