1. APPLY ONLINE - DEADLINE MARCH 1, 2018
Submit your online application by March 1, 2018. The application includes essay questions which you must answer as part of the application. You may wish to answer the questions or a separate document and then cut and paste your answers into the online application.
2. ESSAY QUESTIONS
Your essay question response should not exceed 250 words. Describe yourself and discuss each of the following as part of your essay. You are not limited to these areas.
- Important academic or life experiences in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Extracurricular activities that have influenced you in a positive way (include skills you deem valuable for an academic team research setting)
- Your current academic path and career plans
- How your experience in this program will impact your plans for the future
- Share your prior experience in STEM opportunities.
- How did you hear about the SEES Internship Program?
- The subjects that most interest me are:
- Which of the following does your school offer?
My participation in SEES depends on my receiving a travel scholarship.
- Science AP classes
- Computer Science coding. What language(s)
- Dual credit
3. RECOMMENDATION - DEADLINE MARCH 7, 2018
You must include the name and email address of a teacher, counselor, or principal who will submit your Letter of Recommendation in the online application. Do not use your own email address. It is the applicant's responsibility to follow-up with the individual submitting the Letter of Recommendation to see if has been submitted. Due date for letter of recommendation is March 7, 2018.
4. SUBMITTING A VIDEO - DEADLINE MARCH 1, 2018.
Prepare a short introduction video telling us who you are, where you are from, and why you are interested in becoming a NASA high school intern. This is due by March 1.
When submitting a video, remember that you are submitting a link (URL) to your video (such as on YouTube.com, youku.com, tudou.com, some other video hosting site, or your own website), not the video itself.
Do not secure your video with a password. Instead, we recommend that you make the video unlisted. The following descriptions apply to YouTube.com, but should be applicable to other video hosting sites. YouTube has three privacy settings: Public, Private, and Unlisted.
Public means anybody can find it and view it. DO NOT USE THIS OPTION.
Private means it can only be seen by the you, and the people you select. The video doesn't appear in your channel or in search results. Viewers you select must have a Google account to log in and see the video, and the you must also know to whom to grant permission. DO NOT USE THIS OPTION.
Unlisted means that anybody who has the link can view the video, but it doesn't appear in your channel or in search results. USE THIS OPTION.
Add your video link URL to the online application.