From: Mark A. Magee ME_MAM@hal.lamar.edu This Week:
Work has begun on revising the proposal. The revised proposal will include the revised scope of the project, a time schedule, as well as more information from the work that was done in the previous semester. The new propsed scope for this semester is similar to the following:
Concerning the Active Thermal Control System (ATCS):
1. Define heat loads and operating temperatures of the components of the spacecraft.
2. Devise a system layout, including:
Research has also continued on Aerogel, Thermal Insulation, and Radiator Design. This information listed below was not obtained until today (2-22-96); therefore, the information has not been looked into in depth. This information has been supplied by the U.T. System Integration team (Aerogel information) and Dr. William Simon (thermal insulation and radiator design). Following is a short summary of what is expected to be found in this literature:
1. Integrated Lightweight Structure and Thermal Insulation for Mars Rover.
1. Thermal Insulations Systems
1. Radiator Design for Space Vehicles.
More information will be given on the information that was gathered (listed above). Also, the revised proposal will be turned in, including a detailed time-line for the semester.
mass: 45 kg
power: 45 W