Evaluate commercial of-the-shelf (COTS) DC-DC Converters with and without line filters from
various vendors like Vicor, Abbot, etc. for compliance with Space Station Electrical Power
System interface compatibility requirements (Power Quality Specifications). Parameters to be
measured include transients, transient response, input impedance and steady-state.
Requirements: Evaluate different commercial DC-DC converters and input filters, and compare
their characteristics with the Space Station Requirement for Device
- Space Station is using COTS hardware such as laptop computers, for low criticality
applications and modifying it to operate on the Space Station 120 VDC power system. This
hardware and other commercial devices are selected to reduce development and operational cost.
- Power converters have to be replaced with converters that can accept 120 VDC
- This Design project will provide the Station project engineers with power converters and line
filters that may be considered for Space Station hardware.
- Input voltage characteristics and Surge and Inrush Currents
- Abnormal Operations
- Input impedance
- Power source must be 120 VDC and the same for all converters
- JSC EP5 will provide the test requirements in a separate briefing
- JSC EP5 personnel can provide All DC to DC Commercial converters and input filters